Contributing to the success of our community is the way citizens, businesses and City government work together to make this an excellent place to call home. Eagan has a Council/ Administrator form of government, which means the

Eagan City Council


The Eagan City Council is proud to serve the community. The Mayor and four Council Members are elected at large to serve four-year staggered terms with elections in even-numbered years. Eagan's Mayor is Mike Maguire. Council members are Paul Bakken, Cyndee Fields, Gary Hansen, and Meg Tilley.

The Mayor and Council are elected to make decisions on behalf of Eagan's residents. They adopt and oversee the City's annual budget and set the annual property tax levy. They are also responsible for policy decisions including land use, program development, ordinances, and awards of contracts. The City Council appoints a City Administrator who overseas day-to-day operations of the City, and ensures Council decisions are implemented. The Council meets in regular sessions to conduct City business on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall. A "Listening Session" is also held at 6:00 p.m., prior to each regular City Council meeting at which the public may address items not on the City Council Agenda. The Listening Session is typically more informal and provides an opportunity for conversation with the Council. The Mayor and City Council Members are not full-time positions and do not have offices at City Hall. The phone numbers listed here are provided for use by the public. You may email the Council at . View agendas and minutes for City Council meetings.

Business Licenses

The City of Eagan does not issue general business licenses. Certain types of businesses need a license or permit from the City.

Before opening a business within the City, please check with the Planning & Zoning division to confirm that City Zoning allows your proposed business at its planned location.

Building Permits

To ensure that all buildings in Eagan are constructed to high standards, building permits are required before work begins. If you are working with a contractor, verify that they have a license and bond from the State of Minnesota. The contractor must apply and pay for necessary permits.

Your project is not complete until a final inspection is completed and approved by the City. If any Code issues are found, they will need to be corrected by the permit applicant before the City will close the permit.

Permits are required for many types of construction projects. If you do not see your type below or have questions, please call us at (651) 675-5675.

City Clerk Permits

The City Clerk's office issues a variety of permits and licenses to help protect the public. They are issued for a broad range of events, business operations, registries and property related activities.

City Attorney

The City contracts with two firms for civil and prosecution legal services.

Civil Legal Services:

Dougherty, Molenda, Solfest, Hills & Bauer
(952) 432-3136

Prosecuting Attorney's Office:

Campbell Knutson Law
(651) 452-5000





Translation of Website


Book Direct
Book Direct and Save

Midweek Special
Stay midweek and get a discount. 2 night minimum stay. Higher rates on weekends.

Sunday Special
Start your stay on Sunday and get a discount.

Copyright © 2019· All Rights Reserved · Norwood Inn Mall of America